November 2, 2008

A Barrage of Butternuts


Expect lots of dishes featuring the butternut squash in the next few posts. I've never cooked with winter squashes before (or summer ones before this year), but so many just started turning up all at once at the farmer's market that I felt compelled to buy some and experiment.

Incidentally, does anyone know why the colors in the photo are so blah? It looks great in Photoshop, but it's a bit painful to see the difference here...

EDIT: I changed the Profile of the photo to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and that made the colors of my photos appear more vibrant!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally know what you mean with the colors!!!! I've tried saving them as .png, save for web, jpg, etc. and I still cannot figure it out. I'm sure it's something very simple hahaha but I'll let you know what I find out.

Mmmmh, your website makes me hungry. BTW, i'll add a link to your site from my website, if that ok.

Christina said...

I've been messing with the color profiles and that didn't work either. =(

And you may absolutely pimp the blog on your website.

Wan Hing said...

love it~

Unknown said...

You know what I just noticed... if you click on the photo, and it expands, the colors on that larger photo are way more vibrant. I wonder if the fading of color is related to whatever automatic setting the blog uses to compress the photo?

Just a thought...